Why Lake Anna, Virginia? Location, Location, Location!
- Fishing for over 30 species including largemouth bass, striped bass, walleye, catfish, crappie, bluegill, white perch and yellow perch.
- Historic Sites
- Lake Anna State Park
- Jet Skiing
- Wake Boarding
- Waterfront Dining
- Local Shopping
- Family Activities
Lake Anna Facts
- In 1968 Virginia Power & Electric Company began purchasing more than 18,000 acres in the counties of Louisa, Orange and Spotsylvania near the North Anna and Pamunkey Rivers which would be used to create Lake Anna
- In 1972 the lake area was cleared and Hurricane Agnes provided unanticipated rainfall to the area, filling the lake in only 11 months, originally projected to take three years
- Lake Anna is divided into two sections, impassible by water; the cold/public side has public marinas allowing for access but the warm/private side has no public access and the water temperature is slightly higher
- The cold/public side covers approximately 9,600 surface acres and the warm/private side covers around 3,400 acres
- Lake Anna is one of Virginia’s largest and cleanest freshwater lakes
- Lake Anna is 17 miles long, up to 1 ½ miles wide, has more than 200 miles of shoreline, and covers at least 13,000 acres
- Lake Anna is conveniently located only 18 miles from I-95 and 22 miles from I-64, making it easily accessible from any direction
- Lake Anna is popular for its many recreational activities including, but not limited to, swimming, boating, fishing and camping
- Lake Anna is home to more than 30 species of fish which include largemouth and striped bass, walleye, catfish, crappie, bluegill, white perch, yellow perch and many more, offering year round fishing
- The area surrounding Lake Anna proffers other attractions such as vineyard tours, golf and shopping
- There are more than 120 subdivisions lining the shores of Lake Anna
- Lake Anna offers something unique to most of the metro D.C area; you can be involved in your local sports with your kids on Saturday morning and enjoy the tranquility of the lake Saturday evening and Sunday then return home early in the evening on Sunday. Most other waterfront and water oriented properties are a 3 - 4 hour drive, making this prohibitive.
Come see what Lake Anna, Virginia has to offer you.
Toni is able to answer any questions you may have so feel free to contact her.
Places to visit
Gene Newman with Fulton Mortgage Company A Lake Anna mortgage professional, here to meet the needs of a variety of financing options.
David Turner with Prosperity Mortgage A Northern Virginia mortgage professional, learn about home buying and your mortgage options.
Lake Anna Online... Is a full and comprehensive website with articles and a business directory.
Lake Anna BUZZ... Is a website that lists the activities and happenings around the lake.
Fishing your interest? Check the Fishing with Chris McCotter website for up-to-date fishing reports.
Exciting New Things at Lake Anna
Lake Anna is a growing community with new businesses opening frequently.
Some recent additions include Food Lion, Subway, Big Cheese Pizza, Chef Lee Chinese Restaurant, Kara Nails and Lake Anna Veterinary Hospital, all located in the New Bridge Landing shopping center at the intersection of Routes 208 & 652.
In the Lake Anna Island Shops on the Louisa side of the 208 bridge, new additions include Asian Cafe, Island Mochas coffee shop, Ally's Restaurant, Fisher Fitness Center and Chameleon & Co. Nail Salon.